Questions to ask your Implant Dentist
Apex, Cary, and Raleigh, North Carolina
It is important to have a good grasp on what to expect for your dental implant procedure before going through with it. You should feel completely comfortable and confident in the dentist that you choose, as well as what to expect for your procedure.
Here are some questions you should consider asking the dentist you choose to complete your procedure, although a one-on-one consultation is always best. That way, you can be sure the dentist of your choosing will fit your needs, and that you both will be on the same page.
About the dentist or periodontist performing your procedure
- What qualifications do you have in implant dentistry?
- What professional dental organizations are you a member of?
- What is the average success rate of your dental implants?
- May I see before and after photos of your previous patients who underwent dental implant surgery with you?
About the procedure
- In what ways should I prepare for my surgery?
- Should I avoid any specific foods, medications, vitamins or supplements either before or after my surgery, and if so, for how long?
- How lengthy is the procedure?
- What anesthesia will be used to make me numb? Will I be sedated?
- Do I need to arrange a driver to take me to and from the appointment?
- Will I need to stay overnight in a healthcare facility?
- What should I expect as far as pain or discomfort (both during and after the procedure)?
- What complications should I be aware of?
- Is there anything I can do to reduce my risk of any complications?
- What is the cost of the procedure?
- What is included in that cost?
- Are there outside costs that I should know about?
About your recovery and results
- Can you describe what I should expect for my recovery?
- What should I look for in determining if I have an issue with my implants?
- Should I arrange to take off from work or my daily activities?
- Will my diet be restricted immediately following my procedure?
- Should I avoid any medications or supplements during my recovery?
- Can I speed up my recovery by taking any approved medications or supplements?
- When will I experience the full, complete results of my procedure?
- Should I expect there to be any follow-up visits?
- If I have a problem with my implant, will I be financially responsible for those related dental visits?
- How long do you expect my dental implants to last?
The right implant dentist for you will not only happily answer all of your questions but leave you feeling confident in their ability to provide you such elite dental care. You should always feel comfortable and informed regarding any dental procedure that you are considering.
Take the next step
At Triangle Periodontics, we will do just that! Not only are we happy to discuss your questions and concerns, but you will quickly find that our experience and knowledge far surpasses what you will find elsewhere. Our entire team is caring, professional, and patient-focused. We have no doubts that you will experience the best care with us at Triangle Periodontics.
To schedule your consultation with periodontist Dr. Otis Washington, contact our office today by calling (919) 782-9536. We welcome patients of Apex, Cary, and Raleigh, North Carolina.