Apex, Cary, and Raleigh, North Carolina
At Triangle Periodontics, we believe that we can best help our patients through pre-emptive procedures that keep oral health issues from developing or diagnose them in their early stages before significant damage has been done.
We recommend that every patient at Triangle Periodontics visit our office at least once every six months (or more, depending on your oral health needs) to receive a maintenance cleaning. These cleanings remove tartar and plaque from teeth that you simply cannot reach through brushing and flossing at home. Each of these appointments, which lasts approximately an hour, also involves a thorough examination of your teeth and mouth by Dr. Otis Washington. This also allows patients the opportunity to discuss their oral health with the dentist.
Other preventive care measures offered at Triangle Periodontics include:
- Sealants – Effective in helping protect against tooth decay, these non-toxic plastic coatings are applied to cover the entire chewing surfaces of teeth, providing an additional barrier against bacteria and plaque.
- Mouthguards– Protects your teeth against the effects of bruxism, which occurs when you clench and grind your teeth while sleeping.
Maintaining a comprehensive regimen of oral hygiene is crucial in the fight against gum disease. Make sure to brush and flossing daily. You also can lower your risk factor by avoiding the use of tobacco in any form and eating a balanced diet.
- Digital X-rays are one of the most helpful diagnostic tools at our disposal. Digital X-ray technology provides clearer, more precise images while exposing patients to a mere fraction of the radiation emitted by traditional X-ray machines.
- Technology is used in diagnosing and treating our patients. Our use of other advanced technologies such as conebeam X-ray, as well as hard and soft tissue lasers, allow us to provide elite dental care to our patients, and in less time and discomfort than in the past with traditional methods.
- Oral cancer screenings can be performed to detect cancer in even its earliest stages. This screening is performed using OrallD, a simple test that uses fluorescent technology to identify any areas of oral cancer, pre-cancer or other abnormal lesions. Nearly 50,000 Americans are diagnosed with oral cancer each year. Protect yourself!
Dr. Washington also has experience in the treatment of temporomandibular joint disorder, also known as TMJ or TMD. This disorder occurs whenever the temporomandibular joint and jaw enters a state of dysfunction, which can lead to a variety of problems and issues including debilitating pain.
Do you have a tooth that is infected or has sustained severe damage from decay or an injury? While it is important to save teeth when possible, Triangle Periodontics can remove them through extractions. We can perform this procedure as part of our regimen of emergency dental services, by calling our emergency number for any incident that occurs after hours.
You can trust the team of professionals at Triangle Periodontics to care for your oral health. Call our office at (919) 782-9536 today to learn more, schedule a consultation or arrange a tour of our facility.
Triangle Periodontics is proud to care for patients in the areas of Apex, Cary, and Raleigh, North Carolina.